The KOOI-Pallet Bumper is a load protector which helps reduce product and pallet damage often caused by forklift operators entering pallets at too high speed, with un-level forks or when product overhangs the edge of the pallet.
Using a KOOI-Pallet Bumper reduces the damage risks as the “impact block”, which is mounted in the center of the forklift carriage, keeps the shank of the lift truck forks away from the pallet planks. The “impact block” makes contact with the center pallet stringer, (the strong point of the pallet), keeping the upper planks and product away from impact with the fork shanks.
Six main causes of damage
- Improper fork position (fork not level on entry)
- High performance pressure on lift truck operators
- Entering pallets at too high speed
- Product overhang
- Use of too weak or poorly constructed, (one-way), pallets
- Moving pallets on the floor without lifting
- Robust steel frame
- Impact bumper positioned just below upper surface lead board
- Impact block makes contact with stringer board, pallet block and lead board
- Replaceable synthetic impact block
- Heavy duty filler plate to overcome bending tolerances
- Can be used with most side-shifters
- Can be used with fork positioners and fork spreaders including fork adapters
- Lower operational costs through reduced product and pallet damage
- Improved throughput rates by reducing or eliminating repackaging needs
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Lower maintenance cost on lift trucks due to less damage from debris, (wheels, bearings, etc…)
- Improved house-keeping, (cleaner operating environment)
- Reduced risks of personal injuries or accidents which can be caused from operating with debris on the floor, debris falling from racked goods or contamination to products.
- The reinforced heel of the forks will catch the first pallet plank
- The lift truck fork are not leveled
- Operating (working) pressure of lift truck driver
- Speed of forklift to high when entering the forks into the pallet
- Use of weak pallet constructions
- Moving (pushing) pallets over the workshop floor
Customers reports up to 80% reduction in damages to goods and pallets during forklift operations after installing the KOOI-Pallet Bumper on their forklift trucks. Adapting the KOOI-Pallet-Bumper the warehouse lift truck operators will be more efficient and will contribute to a better environment.
Meijer Handling Solutions aims to add value to our customers’ and end-users’ logistical supply chains. We are the world’s market leader in hydraulic lift truck forks, known as KOOI-REACHFORKS®. Also, we are known for our palletless handling attachments such as the patented ROLLERFORKS® and our unique PushPull systems. The latest Meijer Handling Solutions product to be introduced to the market is the patented FLEX-OPS®, a safety enhancement for forklift trucks.