Situations that may cause damage to goods or even injure persons may arise whenever you have to lift loads and/or goods that are longer than your current forklift truck forks. Loads can tip over when there is an insufficient load-bearing surface supporting the load while lifting.
Do you want to know more about our KOOI®-Fork Extensions applications?
Extensive expertise in the field of bending and sheet metalworking has resulted in loose fork extensions that meet the most stringent quality standards. Using special sheet metalworking techniques, a slide-on extension has been created that is partially open along its lower surface, but has the characteristics of a closed sleeve.
Features and options
- Lateral clearance between fork and extension minimized to increase safety.
- Bending radius can be made extremely small using special-purpose folding press blades that allow extensions to be slid onto forks with a minimal clearance.
- Lateral movement with respect to forks minimized.
- All manual slide-on fork extensions are subjected to rigorous risk analysis.
This unique design provides the following major benefits:
- Loads can be handled where the load centre (LC) is located beyond the fixed forks’ basic length.
- All-round, continuous cross-section without welds.
- Lightweight construction compared to a full sleeve cross-section.
- Profiled, pointed nose for easy pallet insertion.
- Accurate tolerances with minimal play between extension and fork.
- Load-bearing capacity of slide-on extensions has been calculated to be compatible with fixed forks with a maximum yield strength of 836 N/mm².
- Strength comply with three-fold nominal load on 0.9* L.
- Insertion length should be a minimum of 60% for open and closed extensions.
- Always contact your lift truck dealer for the residual load capacity rating.
Do you want to know more about our efficient handling solutions?