Many applications, such as Food and Pharmaceuticals, simply cannot allow the use of wooden pallets due to hygiene restrictions and/or contamination risks. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points, (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practice, (GMP), guidelines and U.S. Federal Food and Drug Administration, (FDA), regulations are all set in place to help ensure public health safety. What can they do to comply?
A simple solution is to implement captive load carriers, (aluminum, plastic, stainless steel or high grade pallets), for internal use and then transfer the goods to lessor expensive pallets for outbound shipments.
The Stationary Pallet Changer (SPC) of MSE-Forks simplifies this process and offers an affordable means of doing so. The SPC transfers unit loads from one load carrier to another. It can be placed within a receiving area where inbound goods can quickly be transferred to captive pallets, (typically plastic or aluminum pallets), and the wooden pallets can then be isolated from the rest of the facility. For outbound shipments, the process is reversed.
Unlike a pallet inverter, the Stationary Pallet Changer does not invert the goods. This means products such as liquids, meat, poultry, powders, etc.. can be transferred without risk of spillage.
- Improved handling speeds.
- Reduced risk of product damage (No clamping, no inversion).
- Lower maintenance due to simple construction design and no rotation parts.
- Ease of operation – even for novice operators.
- Remote control operation helps decrease handling cycle times.
- “Plug & play”….easy to install.
- Small floor space requirement.
- Faceplate speed reduction for end positions.
- Adjustable faceplate speed.
- Safety circuit CAT3/PLd.
- Safety cage.
- Adjustable limit for receiving range of remote.
- Dual speed.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Safety circuit category like CAT3/PLe.
- Can be transported in separate components.