Slip sheets are thin pallet-sized sheets made of plastic, heavy laminated kraft paperboard, or corrugated fiberboard used in commercial shipping. Often, these replace the use of traditional wooden pallets. The unit load is usually stretch wrapped or shrink wrapped for stability.
The environment is a major issue nowadays. Slip sheets are particularly environmentally friendly. Increasing numbers of companies are producing slip sheets from recycled materials, e.g. cardboard or plastic, that are of the same quality as regular slip sheets. Companies are eliminating or reducing the use of pallets due to the high costs of pallets.
- More freight (12-15%) in sea containers .
- Zero maintenance and easy replacement.
- Significant reductions in material handling costs.
- Can be customized to fit any size load.
- Eliminates the need for pallet exchange.
- Reusable and reliable.
- Most are recyclable.
- Is cost-effective.
- Safer – no nails and splinters.
- ISPM 15 and HACCP proof.
- Weighs approximately 20 times less than wooden pallets.
Meijer Handling Solutions aims to add value to our customers’ and end-users’ logistical supply chains. We are the world’s market leader in hydraulic lift truck forks, known as KOOI-REACHFORKS®. Also, we are known for our palletless handling attachments such as the patented ROLLERFORKS® and our unique PushPull systems. The latest Meijer Handling Solutions product to be introduced to the market is the patented FLEX-OPS®, a safety enhancement for forklift trucks.