KOOI®Deflection – Measuring the overall lift truck tilt
In the field of damage prevention to pallets and goods, Meijer Handling Solutions has developed a sensor that displays the horizontal position of the load. Once the sensor is installed and the load is picked up by the forks of the lift truck, the system will detect any fork deflection and will also include the tire deformation.
KOOI®Deflection-System is a small sensor which is mounted completely inside the nose of the telescopic forks. Because it is completely enclosed in the front of the KOOI®ReachForks, the sensor cannot be damaged and shows the maximum deflection. The sensor works via Bluetooth and can easily be replaced if necessary. The KOOI®sensor can also be connected onto the side of standard lift truck forks.
Do you want to know more about
The forklift driver often has no idea how much this deflection is because this operation takes place out of sight of the driver. The sensor in the KOOI®Deflection-System informs the driver how much deflection must be compensated by the tilting function of the forklift (mast or fork carriage tilt). In this way a safe working method is created, and the load remains horizontal on the pallet, thereby preventing damage to pallets, rack and/or decking material
Features and options
- Completely integrated and protected inside fork tip
- Measures the tilt of the entire construction
- Simple to calibrate
- Display via a small monitor or a standard smart phone (Android™, iOS)
- Bluetooth signal powered by a replaceable battery
- Get started quickly: no tools, no wires
- Shows you when the load is horizontal
- Average battery life: one year (1600 hours)
- Zero maintenance
- Improves the speed of pallet handling.
- Improves safety by ensuring that the load is horizontal and cannot fall forwards or backwards.
- Reduces damage by lifting the load straight off the rack.
- Entering a pallet horizontally and does not damage the transverse planks.
- Horizontal reading by means of a display in the cabin.
- Indicates the actual horizontal position of the forks and not of the mast and or fork carriage as is often indicated on a standard forklift.
Some forklift trucks have a standard tilt (level) indicator but be aware that these often do not indicate the actual deflection of the fork deflection, but only the position of the mast and or fork carriage.
Recognize the hazards as the fork angle (position) of the lift truck forks can vary depending on the weight placed on the forks. Make sure that the forks are horizontal when the load is being taken into or out of the warehouse rack and especially if the clearance between the load and the beam is small.
To help prevent damage to pallets and goods, Meijer Handling Solutions has developed a sensor that detects how level the load is. Whe nthe forklift picks up a load, the system detects the angle between the blade of the fork and the floor. This allows any bending of the forks, deflection of the mast and distortion of the tyres to be taken into account.
Non-horizontal loads can become unstable (see picture below). The KOOI®Deflection System is a small sensor fitted to the tip of the telescopic forks. Fully enclosed at the front of the KOOI®ReachForks, the sensor is protected against damage and shows the maximum deflection at the tip of the forks. The sensor works wirelessly via Bluetooth and can easily be replaced. It can also be screwed onto the side of a standard forklift truck blade.
The KOOI®Deflection System is wireless, no major adjustments to the forks are required, so the system is perfect for aftersales purposes. The universal design also allows the inclinometer to be used for other purposes as well as forklift truck blades.
The KOOI®Deflection System can also be used in combination with a camera system.
Do you want to know more about our efficient handling solutions?